Tuesday, February 06, 2007

birth announcement

This morning in Houston, TX my eldest niece gave birth to twin boys. They weren't due until March 29. She went for a scheduled appointment with her multiple birth doctor doctor who told her her blood pressure was 190/100. He sent her immediately to her regular doctor. By the time she got there her blood pressure was 225/125 and she was admitted straight into the hospital. Lucking she had no signs of preeclampsia and the babies were delivered this morning.
Both boys weighed 4.5 lbs and will have to stay in the hospital for a few weeks but mother and sons are doing fine.

The first born was named Hunter 'Ray' and the second was named Jake Michael. My niece had asked me to be there in March for their birth. I was there for hers 26 years ago. The premature delivery coupled with me being in London ruled out my being there. But I'm flying to Houston this weekend to meet my great nephews. I'll be busy this week. There are college funds to create. I need to register them at Eton. Then Cambridge or Oxford? Are they too young for ponies?