Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Because all the other kids have one

[start soundtrack]
1. It is a good bet that I am older than you. Oh shut up.
2. It is also a good bet that I am taller than you. I am 6’6”.
3. I have wanderlust. I will accept any excuse to travel to a new place.
4. I keep a packed suitcase so I can travel as soon the moods hits.
5. I want to be a travel writer in my next life.
6. I am a dog person.
7. I have a 13 year old yellow Labrador Retriever named Sam.
8. My dog has his own passport.
9. I am a lapsed Catholic.
10. Religious fanatics of all faiths scare me.
11. My favorite season is autumn.
12. My first car was a new 1967 Mustang. I wish I still had it.
13. I am an Aries so lead, follow, or get out of the way.
14. I have not spoken to my sister in over 2 years and I never will.
15. Houston, TX is my hometown. Hated it. I couldn’t wait to get out.
16. I have lived in 18 cities in 8 countries on 5 continents.
17. Of all those cities I love London the most. I still own a home there.
18. I am a city boy but I now live in the country.
19. I hate country western music.
20. I never had allergies until I moved to the country.
21. I have had one LTR. It lasted 32 years.
22. I don’t like being single.
23. I broke my clavicle on a transatlantic flight. I fell. I was drunk.
24. Due to that fall I now have 3 metal plates and 10 screws in my shoulder and I can now predict the weather.
25. I don’t drink as much I used to.
26. When I do drink it is usually single malt scotch, or a dry martini, or red wine, or beer, or….
27. I have 56 pairs of shoes.
28. I love shoes but I hate shining them.
29. I often go barefoot.
30. I was a vegetarian for 5 years.
31. I am a great cook. When I lived in Paris I took courses at Le Cordon Bleu.
32. I can’t whistle.
33. I was bitten twice by a camel.
34. I hate camels.
35. I quit smoking 16 years ago and I still miss it.
36. I collect art.
37. I wish I were an artist.
38. I worked very hard, invested well, and retired at 48.
39. I do a lot of volunteer work now.
40. I am passionate about theatre and film.
41. I believe in reincarnation and karma.
42. My favorite comfort food is chicken pot pie. Ye Waverly Inn on Bank St. in New York make the world’s best chicken pot pie IMO.
43. I broke my arm when I ran over a dog while riding my bicycle.
44. I was at the 1972 Munich Olympics when Arab terrorists killed 11 Israeli athletes.
45. I lost a good friend on American Airlines flight 11, September 11, 2001 when it was hijacked by Arab terrorists and crashed into the World Trade Center’s North Tower.
46. I believe all terrorists must be destroyed.
47. As a child I learned to speed read so I could read more library books.
48. I own over a thousand books.
49. I will loan you money before I will loan you a book.
50. I have never attended my high school reunions.
51. I used to double date (girls) with Patrick Swayze in high school.
52. I once smuggled banned books out of East Berlin on a dare.
53. I danced in an off Broadway play and I wasn’t a member of the cast.
54. I only did 53 for one performance.
55. I have blue-gray eyes.
56. To avoid the draft during the Vietnam War I told the selective service board I was gay.
57. My draft classification is 4F.
58. I am the same weight as when I was in college.
59. I wore glasses for years before I had lasik surgery.
60. I am an Eagle Scout.
61. My mother and my lover died in a 2 month period.
62. I tried to commit suicide a year later.
63. I am grateful everyday I did not die.
64. My hair is now more salt than pepper.
65. I love board games.
66. I love card games even more.
67. I am a good bridge player.
68. I do not have a green thumb. All house plants fear me.
69. I tan easily and I rarely burn.
70. I love spicy food. Thai food is my favorite.
71. I have been an American Express cardholder since 1970.
72. I require very little sleep.
73. I love coffee but not tea.
74. I take my coffee black. No sugar. I hate flavored coffees.
75. My pet peeve is people that can’t do simple math in their heads.
76. I hate housework so I have a maid.
77. I am clueless about automobile engines and could care less. Why would God invent auto mechanics and AAA if you weren’t meant to use them?
78. I bought my cell phone to call AAA if I had car trouble.
79. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
80. If you have no place to go for Thanksgiving dinner you are always welcome at my table.
81. I love my friends and I tell them I love them often.
82. My favorite trashy movie is “Valley of the Dolls”…….. “They drummed you out of Hollywood, so you come crawling back to Broadway. But Broadway doesn't go for booze and dope. Now get out of my way, I've got a man waiting for me”.
83. I read with Patty Duke at a movie audition. I didn’t get the part.
84. I can’t ice skate.
85. I had weak ankles as a kid.
86. My favorite QEFTSG member is Tom Filicia because I can’t decorate for shit. I am missing that gay gene. Besides, he’s cute.
87. I have met a lot of interesting people that became friends when traveling on trains.
88. I love trains.
89. I don’t care for cruise ships. Hotels on water. I don’t get the point.
90. I enjoy sports but I never excelled at them.
91. I love skiing and scuba diving.
92. I wish I had practiced more when I took piano lessons.
93. I like all fruits and vegetables except watermelon. I hate the texture.
94. My favorite any time vacation city is Paris.
95. My favorite restaurant in Paris is Le Coupe-Chou at 11 rue de Lanneau. If you go be sure to try the Gratin Dauphinois. Tell Christian I sent you. (I don’t get a kickback).
96. My favorite color is sage green.
97. I always write thank you notes.
98. I seldom write letters.
99. I was born in London and have dual citizenship.
100. My favorite ice cream is Häagen-Daz Rum Raisin.
[roll credits]
*fin*