Monday, July 16, 2007

Nepotism

I got an email from my nephew a few weeks ago. His longtime girlfriend dumped him at the beginning of summer. Poor kid. He was moping around the house in Houston and feeling like crap. Oh the tragedy to be twenty and have a broken heart! I called him and he choked up on the phone talking about their breakup (the bitch). I decided then and there to get him out of that environment and give him some breathing space so I offered him a job in London at my company for the summer.

He's been here two weeks now and I can't tell you how impressed I am with this kid. He knows nothing about the oil business but he catches on fast and is thriving on the pace. Scott and I were talking last night about what a natural he is. That's something he didn't get from either parent. He has me thinking about dynasty and maybe letting him take over someday. I won't let him know. I want him to want it badly. Time will tell.

He finally went out Saturday night and didn't get home until Sunday mid morning. ... I think his broken heart is mending.