Friday, April 15, 2005

So, you think daylight savings time is bad?

P is such a devoted friend. She has hidden all sharp objects as I have professed the intention of slitting my throat. I have such a hideous case of jet lag. I spent a total of 8,126 17 hours on airplanes Wednesday while crossing the globe repeatedly 9 time zones. My internal clock is still screaming “Why? Why do you do this? You’re not 18. I hate you.”

Instead of letting me sleep yesterday P decided I had to get up and go with her to S’s office. He wanted to show me his office and then take us to lunch. After much cursing and feeble attempts to swat her as she tugged on my sheet I finally got out of bed and into the shower. When we got to S’s office building I couldn’t go inside immediately. I was mesmerized by the uh…, security barriers. I stood there pointing, snapping pics, and giggling like a little girl. OK, I was almost comatose with exhaustion but what do these look like to you? I so needed a nap.





S wanted to take us to The Wharf, a Cajun restaurant owned by friends of theirs. I wanted no part of it. That would be like eating chicken fried steak in Paris. It’s just so wrong. I told him I wanted local foods. So he took us to an Azeri seafood restaurant on the docks. It made me very happy. I got to eat all the simple peasant food caviar I was craving. You would not believe how cheap caviar is here. I may never leave.

After lunch we waddled off to explore the city a little.









P has promised me a relaxing ‘day of beauty’ Saturday but I first have to trek off with her to mountains today. There is always a catch with that woman. Jeez Louise, …a road trip with jetlag. As an inducement she says I can have caviar for dinner tonight. mmm...Did I mention how much I love caviar road trips?