Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy 5th, pass the Ben Gay please

When I was a child we had an older dog named Fritz. We were told that getting a puppy companion would be good for him. Make him enjoy his old age. So we got a puppy named Scooter. And Scooter used to run circles around old Fritz. She would grab his ear in her teeth and pull him in all directions. He didn’t seem to mind. He just let her play. Maybe he was happy. I don’t know. I do know he died 6 months later.

Yesterday was action packed. I grilled shrimp, chicken, and beef for fajitas. I made pico de gallo, gilled onions, guacamole, refried beans, Spanish rice, and queso. Friends and family came and went. Dos XXs and Patrone was consumed. Fireworks were exploded. GB insisted I play softball first, and then water volleyball for hours with him, which I did.

This morning he got up early and has gone cycling. I am tired and a little sore today so I decided to stay at home and have been lazing around on the sofa. Maybe old Fritz was happy after all. I just hope I don’t die in six months.