Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Dance

Don't hate me.

Excuse me while I do a little Tom Cruise dance on the couch.















Oil prices finished at an all-time high above $89 a barrel today, up $2.07 to settle at $89.47 a barrel, shattering the previous record of $87.61 a barrel reached Tuesday. In after-hours electronic trading crude for November delivery went even higher, hitting $90.02 a barrel. Analysts are saying $100 a barrel is almost inevitable. Since oil is priced in dollars, the declining greenback makes oil less expensive for consumers outside the United States, encouraging more consumption. Higher oil prices means increased exploration by the oil companies to meet demand. Increased exploration means increased need for the services my company provides. Business has been great and is getting better every day.

So while gas prices at the pump and home heating bills rise I apologise. I'm sorry.

Really.
No really, ... I'm sorry.

Now, where are my sunglasses?