Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!**

If you live in London or will be visiting in the next few weeks you would be well advised to be very alert to oncoming traffic. I have decided to bite the bullet and learn to drive here. Last week I enrolled in a driving school and lessons start tomorrow. I have never attempted in all my years here to drive in London but gay Scott's taunts have forced me to gut up and take the plunge.

If you are walking in London in the next few weeks please take extra care at roundabout and zebra crossings. These, often confusing to Americans, British stalwarts will be even more dangerous if I am behind the wheel. But I am determined to master London streets as I want to keep a car in London. Besides I’m taking Dark here for our anniversary and I want us to drive there.
>

As usual my timing is lousy as petrol is expected to reach £1/liter ($4.20/gallon) shortly. But fuck it. I can't take it with me.

Ok, you've been warned.

**Trivia:
As some of you know the "Danger, Will Robinson. Danger!" quote is from the old Lost in Space TV series. The robot was always saying that to Billy Mumy. When Billy was guesting on Babylon Five Dark would bring his Robby the Robot miniature to the set and place it on the craft services table or on the close up camera to crack him up and make him blow his lines.
>