Tuesday, August 02, 2005

earrings, earrings, ... which earrings?

OK, major musical trivia quiz because I’m bored and I’m just gay enough to know the answer.

On what original cast recording of a Broadway musical can you hear those lyrics? Name the musical, lyricist, song, and the character that sang them.

I can think of three bloggers that just might know the answer.

***Trivia Quiz Answer***


If you listen carefully to the original cast recording of Stephen Sondheim's A Little Night Music during the show stopping song Soon. Now. Later. you can hear Anne (Victoria Mallory) sing those words. You won't find it on any lyrics sheet. Now, everyone go stand in the corner. I still hold the title of the oldest gayest musical theatre queen. It also helped that I was in the audience opening night at the Shubert in 1973.