Thursday, September 29, 2005

He would be perfect if only

What do you do about a guy that seems to be perfect in all regards except one? I could spends days listing all of Dark’s good qualities. That would be boring for you even if I might enjoy it. Instead I will tell you his one big flaw. He likes to sleep on a soft mattress. There, I said it. Horrifying isn’t it? I had hopes of converting him to the orthopedic joy of sleeping on a firm mattress. But it isn’t going to happen. He said he hated my mattress in London.

This flaw of his has me thinking the unthinkable – separate beds. As much as I love spooning, cuddling, and touching him in bed I just can’t get comfortable in his soft bed. I guess the only thing to do is get 2 extra long twin beds (1 soft and 1 extra firm) and shove them together. It’s either that or get one of those dual adjustable Sleep Number Beds that Lindsey Wagner hawks on that annoying late night commercial. What number are you? ... *shudder* ... No, I’d rather buy a feather bed and live with backache.