Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'll take movie trivia for fifty, Alex

Dark and I were on the deck at twilight last night drinking wine and enjoying the view. Lights from the hills to the city and on the ocean were beginning to twinkle. We both turned when we noticed movement in the bushes at the edge of the yard.

Dark: Look, babe. Over there. Do you see him?
Me: (screaming) "A Dingo Took My Baby!"
Dark: (laughing) It’s a coyote, not a dingo. Don’t you have those on that farm of yours?
Me: ... (sips wine muttering)... “I had a farm in Africa.”
Dark: ... Africa? ... I thought it was in Tennessee. How much wine have you had?
Me: ... “What if I did drink too much wine? Whose business is that anyway? Who knows how much I didn't drink, huh?”
Dark: ... Now I get it. ... Meryl Streep movie quotes. You’re a crazy man.
Me: If I'm crazy it's because ... “I am the French lieutenant's whore”
Dark: OK Meryl, no more wine for you.
Me: ... “So, do you want more eggs or should we just fuck on the linoleum one last time?”
Dark: Umm ... sweetie, tomorrow night could you try channeling Brad Pitt?