Wednesday, August 17, 2005

If It's Tuesday,

This Must be Belgium … was a great old movie. It’s Wednesday and we are in Belgium but I’m stealing the title anyway. “I'm Europe, Baby. I sent you Dutch Elm Disease, German Measles, and Russian Roulette. You sent me World Wind Vacation Tour #225. Now we're even” was the movie tagline.

I’ve always hated the 21 cities in 14 days tours. And here I am trying to do that very thing so that GB can see as much of Europe as possible before I send him back to the US. I’m playing tour guide and we are in Brussels today, yesterday was Amsterdam, and tomorrow is Paris. After that it is Zurich, Venice, Rome, Barcelona, and then a few days in Sitges and Ibiza.

Jane is with her family in Leeds now. After GB leaves and she returns I’ve promised to help her pack. The move won’t be difficult. She’s only moving downstairs into the lower ground floor flat and I’m moving upstairs into the main house. I rented the house to them furnished so there won’t be much to move.

OK, times up. We are off to Planète Chocolat. If I never post again then it is true. There really is death by chocolate.