Monday, October 31, 2005

Hello, Betty Ford Center?

I need a vacation. In fact the bf and I both need one. So after our Halloween party tonight we're off to Maui for a few days R & R. While I was busy with movers, packers, lawyers, and real estate agents in TN the bf was working around the clock on the final reworks for the film in LA. I decided to ship my car to LA instead of driving out since he wasn't able to make the road trip with me and flew back Friday.

Both of us totally exhausted, we headed to Yamashiro, our local hang out, for sushi and sake. Waiting for our table we sat in the garden room and ordered martinis. Big mistake. We were both so tired we got gassed on two each and the next thing I knew we were playing Godzilla & Godzukki because the room looks just like Tokyo and speaking ”engrish” to the not so amused waiters.



Saturday we got up, hiked the canyon and then went to Hollywood Forever Cemetery for the Dia de los Muertos celebrations. The altars and decorations were spectacular. The food offerings made us hungry for Mexican food so we headed to Marix. It was as crowded as Yamasiro’s had been and we had to wait in the bar and order margaritas. Big mistake. One pitcher of the killer Super margaritas and we forgot all about eating. We headed home and started carving pumpkins for our party. Sunday morning I was still picking pumpkin seeds and innards out of the bed.



We had another Halloween party to go to Sunday. We decided to just do face makeup instead of a whole costume. We had a few glasses of wine while we were getting made up. Big mistake. And the next thing we knew we were an hour and a half late arriving at the party. And I don’t think we will ever be able to wash the makeup out of those sheets.



Today D is running errands while I am waiting for the caterer, bartenders, valet parker, and decorating the house. I’ll post pics of the party later. After a night of green apple martinis with gummi bear worms garnish I’ll be ready for that Hawaii vacation … and a few of those drinks with the cute umbrellas in them.

When we get back we can go into detox.