Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Please don't wake me

If I am dreaming I hope it never ends. But things are getting eerie. Signs of the impending apocalypse are everywhere.

I called my realtor last week and put my house in TN on the market again. She called, waking me this morning, with an offer for full list price. Looks like I will be headed back to TN to pack things up and ship them out here. I was going to get my cousin to ship my car here but now I can drive it out myself. It’s all too smooth and easy. Where are the months of open houses and offers for less than I want?

Last Saturday after the beach, Dark noticed two small kittens in a storm drain looking like they had been abandoned. The big hearted lug scooped them up and we brought them home. I predicted disaster because the one thing that drives Sam crazy is a cat. When we got them home; Sam sniffed at them, and then licked them. What the hell? I thought for sure they would be kitty pate by now. Yet I found them snuggled up next to Sam this morning.

After the year I’ve had all this harmony and happiness is welcome but it is getting a little scary. With all this good news can the big quake, the one that dumps CA into the Pacific, be far behind? I’m going to quit worrying about it and just enjoy things. I think as soon as I get my car here I’m trading it for a convertible. If that doesn't trigger a monsoon then maybe my luck has finally changed.