Monday, November 14, 2005

Sneak preview

It’s November sweeps time for network TV. During sweeps time networks trot out special guests, major events on network shows, and prime time movies and miniseries. Normally I could care less. But now I’m a Hollywood spouse and I have to pay attention to these things. So I bring to your attention NBC’s 3 hour made for TV remake of the camp classic The Poseidon Adventure.

This Sunday, the 20th, is the air date. This version of The Poseidon Poseidon Adventure will be a pale imitation of the original. I mean the lead character is played by Steve Guttenberg for crying out loud. In the remake the ship isn’t overturned by a tidal wave. Terrorists detonate a bomb onboard causing the ship to roll over.

I don’t suggest anyone stay home to watch this stinker. But I do have to pimp the bf’s work. Dark did the matte paintings for the overturned ship’s hull. He never knows how they will be composited until he sees the film. To save you the agony of watching the whole movie I present you with a sneak preview. This is the plate he is given for reference. And then he paints this and this. There. You have now seen the best part of the film. I suggest skipping the movie and catching the opening weekend of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Like you weren’t going to do that anyway.

Ok, I’ve done my duty. I’ve promoted the bf’s career. Hey, this is November sweeps; to boost my hits I should be posting naked pics of the bf instead of his work! *just kidding honey* That reminds me; sometime Saturday my site meter reached 10,000 hits. That is a drop in the bucket compared to the popular kids but it amazes me. Next month will be this blog's first birthday. I should celebrate it and post naked pics of the bf. *just kidding honey*