Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Confession

Last week the bf and I had a misunderstanding. It didn’t last very long and was totally my fault. He was driving home; calling from his cell asking about a text message assuming was from me. But I knew I had not sent one and all of a sudden bells, sirens and whistles went off, loud enough to wake the green eyed fire breathing beast I thought died years ago.



In a few brief minutes or so I had the worst attack of jealousy I can remember. It was not something I care to repeat. I made an instant false assumption and grew a molehill into Mount Everest. In seconds I ordered a DEFCON 3 alert, armed the warheads with nukes, let fly the missiles in a surgical strike, and annihilated all of LA killing millions of innocent men, women, and children. And I wanted my poor innocent bf skinned, filleted, and burned at the stake.



Jealousy is an emotion I have not experienced often. Thank God. I think the last time I had an attack I was 19 or 20. When I met BC he was a bartender in hottest gay bar in town. Everyone loves the bartender and BC was hot so he had tons of admirers. In the first days of our relationship I staked out my territory and sat right in front of where he worked. Any too friendly soul was sent packing – fast; much to the amusement of BC. It didn’t take too long before I was secure enough to realize that it didn’t matter how many guys flirted or wanted him BC loved only me. No relationship that lasts as long as ours is without rough patches but jealousy or doubt about my place in BC’s heart was never a factor.

I am still settling into this new relationship. So far it has been easy and worries free. But I guess a few insecurities are still alive. The bf returned the call, found out it was from his ex, and it was easily decoded. When he got home all ruffled feathers had been smoothed and harmony in the land had been restored. He enjoyed the whole episode immensely. But I can’t say I did. It was stupid, silly, and embarrassing. But we agreed to call it our first tiff just so we could have make up sex.

And a few words of advice ... if you want to text my bf and live make sure it isn’t anonymous. Thank you.